Thursday, March 25, 2010

Think and Throw

The last few weeks have been a blur of last minute decisions trying to plot and plan the future of the studio for the next year.  Luisa's husband Pablo has been my go to guy for building all the items in my wish list.  I think Christmas will come twice this year :).  It seems that the 4 coolest things we have done for the studio is to:

1.  Build  work benches in between the wheels which still allow you to talk to each other, have space for you to put your work in progress, but reminds  you not to leave your tools and pots hanging around on the table. Plus they are movable and open so cleaning under them is a cinch.

2.  Glaze Trolleys.  In basic terms it is a sheet of ply wood with holes cut out for the glaze buckets to hang in, but tall enough so I can store glaze buckets underneath leaving me plenty of storage.

3. 8 foot table cut to 5 foot with a 3 foot sliding under table.   This is awesome because it allows us the extra space, but only if we need it.

4.  Last but not least is what I call my under wedging table storage.  He built to rolling carts for underneath the wedging table to keep the plaster recaliming boards, scrap clay, and reclaim clay.

  Kaizen manufacturing tells you to minimize the flat space to help remind everyone to keep the space organized and so far so good.  I'll post the pictures for posterity!

Enjoy this weeks organization tips!

denise

No comments:

Post a Comment